Home Forums Education – Environment Tornado vs Earthquake

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by nicky nicky 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

username123
    Participant

Which one appears more terrible to you?Personally I think both are quite devastating, although tornado makes me more nervous.

wasi90lk
    Participant

I also think tornado is more scary than earthquake. A strong tornado can kill you even if you are in the basement. Thankfully I have never seen devastating tornado or earthquake in my life.

VSPro
    Keymaster

My friends, I know tornadoes can be very devastating, but the key reason why I believe earthquake is more scary is because it can't almost be prevented or avoided.I mean if you were inside the house and you notice a tornado, you can have the time to leave the house, but not the same with the earthquake.

Pacman

They are both extremely devastating things, but I too fear tornadoes more!Tornadoes are also more known to kill or so I have heard.

VSPro
    Keymaster

Personally I am more scared of Tornadoes as they are widely published for causing damage. I am more fearful of tornadoes than Earthquakes.

VSPro
    Keymaster

They are both extremely devastating things, but I too fear tornadoes more!Tornadoes are also more known to kill or so I have heard.

I won't blame you since everyone has got their own opinion, but I use to feel 5.x, 6.x magnitude earthquakes before while inside a building, and suddenly think about the devastating one I watched on the news. I can tell you 'earthquakes are scary'. If you heard about a tornado, you could take your car and get as far from it as possible, but for the earthquake, there is no avoidance, it's only a matter of fighting while it's happening.

Pacman

My mistake, I actually think that earthquakes cause more deaths per year than tornadoes, just looked into it a bit.

Synergy

I would fear an Earthquake more as they are more devastating to peoples lives, in my opinion.

Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I would have to say an earthquake would be worse. I live in an area that sees its fair share of tornadoes and you can usually take cover and protect yourself before it’s bearing down on you. With an earthquake the ground could start shaking at any time and the ground could open up right under you. Plus, it’s easy to get knocked out by falling debris even in your own home.

nicky
      nicky
      Participant

I agree with this. Both disasters can be catastrophic, and I learn that “Time” is a major factor in those occurrences. If one were to be on the 11th floor of a 20-floor building when an earthquake started, then there would be absolutely no time to escape, while he or she could have plenty for a tornado.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sharing is Caring...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponShare on TumblrEmail this to someone